In blog news:
- I’m not doing the stats posts anymore. If that really bothers you, you can leave a comment on this post and complain about it until I start to care.
- I am working on a post about the hottest player(s) from each team, and I keep on forgetting that Rich Harden isn’t on the A’s anymore. If you have any ideas for any of the teams, leave a comment here.
- I follow way too many blogs, and am about to add them all to the Blogroll. I hope it doesn’t implode.
In actual baseball news:
- Jed Lowrie is having surgery on his wrist and will be out for 6-8 weeks. I guess I can stop whining about my carpal tunnel syndrome now.
- UCLA’s Trevor Bauer continues to be the coolest guy in the entire Pac-10, throwing a complete game, 1-hit shutout in a 13-0 UCLA victory. He’s the Louisville Slugger National Player Of The Week, y’all.
- Dan Haren is 0-3 with a 1.89 ERA. Yeah, you read that right. As if we needed more proof that W-L record is stupid.
- The Marlins are 11-1 and currently playing the Pirates. Andrew Miller is pitching, and not particularly well — Jack Wilson just singled, advanced on a wild pitch, and stole third. I happen to know off the top of my head that Jack Wilson has the 3rd most career plate appearances against Roy Oswalt. (Uh, yeah, I know a lot of random stuff about Roy Oswalt. Try not to judge me.)
- Who baldo? Ubaldo! Actually, you’re probably not, but I was at the Rockies-Dodgers game this Sunday and yes, I was totally just looking for a chance to use that joke, and the game was awful, thanks for asking. Not because I like the Rockies — on the contrary, I was rooting for the Dodgers. But to see any team allow that many runs? Disgusting. Appaling. Horrifying. Scott Elbert (the Dodgers’ replacement for the DL’ed Cory Wade) came out of the bullpen and gave up two or three solo shots, but he had a 10+ run lead, so nobody cared. Seriously, I don’t think anyone even noticed.
- I have two fantasy teams, one of which I’m managing seriously (the Europa Eccentrics) and the other of which (the Amoral Astronauts) is a place for me to experiment. The ‘Cents are in 7th and the A’s are in 8th (both are in 12-team leagues) and Jed Lowrie’s injury gave me a chance to add Barry Zito. (I did say I’m experimenting, right? Yeah. Yeah, you never know, dude.)